Fall may just be around the corner, but before you know it – winter will be here! This is the time when rats and mice tend to show up in homes, so here are some tips to help you keep them out:
- Inspect Your Home – When it comes to keeping the rodents out, the most important thing you can do it inspect your property ahead of time. During this time, you’ll want to look for any holes that are bigger than a quarter inch.
- Reduce Your Pet’s Presence – Do you have an outside cat or a dog that you feed outside of your home? Your pet food attracts rats and mice! Additionally, you’ll want to make sure that your litter box is always clean and that you always pick up your dog’s poop – even if it’s in your own backyard.
- Clean Out Your Garden – It’s vital that you spend some time cleaning out the garden, making sure that all decaying fruits and nuts are gone. Additionally, you have a rodent-proof compost bin.
When you need assistance with rats and mice, you can trust the team at Barefoot Pest Control. Our business is known for providing efficient pest control in Waldorf, MD, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland.
Even as winter starts to wind down, you can be sure that mice are still looking for any way into a warm home with plenty of food. Whether you are hearing scratching sounds in your walls or think you have seen something out of the corner of your eye, it’s important to put a stop to mice before it becomes a problem. Here are just some of the ways you can tell if you have a mouse in the house:
- Chewed Cords – Take a look at the cable, electrical, and phone cords throughout your home. If you notice bite marks or unusual breaks in the cords, then it’s likely you have a mouse in the house.
- Rodent Droppings – If you have never seen rodent droppings before, you’ll generally notice that they are about a quarter-inch long and generally black in color. You can also use a black light to detect urine.
- Small Holes in Food Packaging – Have you discovered small holes in the packaging of food in your pantry? Then it’s very likely that you have a mouse or multiple mice enjoying your dry goods.
If any of these problems seem to be occurring in your home, it’s time to call the team at Barefoot Pest Control. We offer pest control in Waldorf, MD, as well as a variety of other cities throughout the state of Maryland. Contact us today to request assistance with mice problems.