Buying or selling a new home is a stressful process. There are what seems like hundreds of things you have to take care of before the closing process can begin. Before you sell your home or once you have put down a deposit on a property, doing a termite inspection is vital.
When you have a termite inspection performed, a specialist will come out to your property to do a full inspection that comes with a detailed report. These reports include information on any current infestations, as well as highlight past issues and information about areas of concern, such as cracks in the foundation or areas with moisture deposits.
If any termites are found, it is not the end of the process. This info is then used in negotiations between a buyer and a seller. As a buyer, you can request that the seller remove the termites before closing. If you are selling the home and have had an inspection performed ahead of time, you can get rid of the termites before putting your home on the market.
When you need assistance with termites, you can trust the team at Barefoot Pest Control. Our business offers pest control in La Plata, MD, as well as many other cities throughout the great state of Maryland.
Taking care of your home is essential and knowing where pests like to hide is vital knowledge. Here is a list of the areas ants tend to congregate:
Kitchen – Ants are most commonly found in the kitchen, as this part of the house gives them access to food and water at all times. When you take a relaxed attitude towards spills and crumbs, you are inviting ants to come into the area and feed themselves. By keeping your kitchen clean and putting food away correctly, you can fight ant infestations.
Bathroom – The bathroom is the next common place to find ants in your home. Ants are attracted to areas with excess moisture, so you should keep an eye on issues like leaks and drips. Additionally, you should always keep your bathroom clean with disinfectants and keep your personal care products closed to keep ants out of your bathroom.
Inside the Walls – People often forget how small ants get. A tiny crack in your wall can lead to an infestation. You should take the time to seal any cracks in the wall all year long, as well as check your basement foundation to keep these unwanted guests out of the home.
Stop an ant infestation when you call the team at Barefoot Pest Control. We offer pest control in La Plata, MD, as well as many other areas throughout Maryland.
Mice are interesting little creatures – except when they are living in your home. Here are some curious facts about these pests:
- Mice Can Fit Into Very Small Gaps – If you’re wondering how the heck a mouse got into your home, it’s important to know that they can fit through gaps that are as small as 6 millimeters. This is why we always recommend that you inspect your home for any possible entry points before the season starts.
- Mice Have Trouble Seeing – When it comes to seeing things, mice work best in dim light or the dark. Because of this, most mice rely on the senses of smell, hearing, and touch to get around. Their whiskers also help them get around, as they are very sensitive.
- Mice Teeth Constantly Grow – Mice have incisors that are always growing, which means they tend to chew on items in your home that are softer than their teeth. They like to chew on electrical wires, as well as cardboard and wood. It’s important to take care of any wires the moment you see chew marks, as it could start a fire.
When you are dealing with mice, you can trust the team at Barefoot Pest Control to assist you. Our business provides pest control in La Planta, MD, as well as a variety of other areas throughout Maryland.
Pest Control, La Plata, MDRats and mice are both rodents but third cousins at best. If your home or business has rodents, you want to clearly identify the invasive rodent in order to control and get rid of it. However, most non-professionals can’t accurately identify and trap rodents because they don’t know which kind of rodent trap to apply. Barefoot Pest Control is known as a highly effective service for rodent pest control in La Plata, MD.
As animals, both rats and mice are considered unwanted pests. Both of them carry germs, search for constant sources of food, and cause damage wherever they decide to nest. They both reproduce incessantly and make themselves comfortable any place there is water and food.
There are a few stand-out points that help to tell a mouse from a rat. For example, if you have time to look at a rodent’s tail, you’ll notice that mice have hairy tails while rat tails are hairless and often peeling or flaky. Additional ways rats and mice differ from each other are in appearance, behavior, and diet, as mentioned in the following comparisons:
- The color of mice is white, brown, or gray. They weigh under pound and have droopy ears.
- Rats are larger than mice; they can be up to 15 inches long. They can be white, gray, black, or brown.
- Rats are shrewd, careful, and tend to avoid unfamiliar items. They eat any kind of human food, including meat, fruit, and starches.
- Mice are curious and can be easily lured with traps set into their paths.
- Rats eat anything and everything.
- Cereal, grains, and plants are the foods of choice for mice.
The sooner you get the proper controls you need, the less time you provide for the rodents to populate.
People don’t often think about it, but offices also have many problems with pests. Here is a handful of ways you can stop pests from invading your office this summer:
- Food and Crumbs – People love to snack at their desks in offices and it is important to make sure that people are cleaning up after themselves. If you are having a problem with pests, you should give your employees a nice dining area and plenty of break time to encourage them to eat in one central location. People are more likely to clean up after themselves in one of these spaces.
- Empty the Trash – You should be working hard to make sure the trash is emptied every day. You can make the request of your cleaning company or make sure there is someone in the office who’s responsibilities include making sure all of the garbage cans are emptied every day.
- Check for Standing Water – If a mosquito gets into your office and there is standing water from leaky pipes, you are creating a breeding ground for mosquitos. Make sure you have to standing water at any time and call the plumber when there is a problem.
Do you need pest control services in your office? The team at Barefoot Pest Control is here to help. Our team provides pest control in La Plata, MD, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland.
Have you ever wondered where pests go during the winter? They seem to come back every year, so they must be going somewhere! You are in luck – we know where they are hiding:
- Ants – Many of us have heard the story about the grasshopper and the ant. Did you know that it is not far off from the truth? As winter starts, ants spend time collecting food so they can build fat during the winter. Once it gets too cold, they close up the colony and wait until the season is over.
- Mosquitoes – These insects tend not to bother us in the winter, but they are still around. Most insects ten to hibernate, hiding out in quiet, protected areas like logs. It is a wise idea to look around your property for any spot that may contain mosquitoes.
- Termites – You may find termites in your home all year long, but most of these insects hide underground during the winter months, coming out when the temperatures reach 70 degrees. The reality of the situation is insects can live year-round in a home that stays warm all winter long.
Pest control in La Plata, MD, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland, starts with Barefoot Pest Control. From mice and rats to ants and stinging insects, we are ready to help with winter pests.