Pest Control Tips from Pest Control Companies in Maryland
With summer in full swing, there are a number of pests upon us. Although we always recommend hiring trained professionals from pest control companies in Maryland like Barefoot Pest Control to ward off pests, there are countless ways that you can fight off and prevent infestations and attacks.
During summer months, many pests – such as ants, mosquitoes, spiders, flies, roaches, and wasps – are much more active. What can you do to prevent these pesky house guests? Here are ten ways that your friends at pest control companies in Maryland such as Barefoot Pest Control recommend you try throughout your summertime activities:
- Make sure to seal any cracks around your windows, doors, and air conditioners.
- Always double-check for torn window and door screens, because pests can enter your home through them.
- Remove the source of stagnant water: clogged gutters, old swimming pools, etc. If you do not want to remove these items, then make sure to maintain and circulate the water.
- Trim and maintain trees, shrubbery, and grass.
- Keep your pets’ eating area clean and clear of leftover food scraps.
- Make sure to clean your countertops, tables, and refrigerators every time you eat or drink.
- Vacuum and clean your floors on a regular basis.
- Do not let your garbage sit out under the sun for long periods of time.
- Keep your garage/shed clear of clutter and trash.
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house.
If you follow these tips, you should be set until you call pest control companies in Maryland such as Barefoot Pest Control. We offer pest control services in the Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. areas. We are available for any emergency pest control, day and night! You don’t want to have pesky insects and wildlife crashing your summertime cookouts and parties, so contact us now!
When you want prompt and effective services from pest control companies in Maryland, Barefoot Pest Control is the solution. Call us today at 1-855-754-6760 or fill out our request form!