Putting a stop to termites is our duty. The talented team at Barefoot Pest Control have years of experience getting rid of these termites and are prepared to help you with issues at your home or business today.
Subterranean termites are termites that live underground. These pests live in the soil and will enter your home through any wood that touches the ground or via cracks in foundations and concrete walls. Once they get into your home, they tend to start eating softwood, feeding with the grain of the wood. Their nests are found underground, and they prefer to build nests in areas that are moist. Furthermore, these termites tend to have multiple egg-laying females in the colony, so it takes very little time for thousands of termites to appear.
Rely on our specialists to assist you with issues related to termites. Our business offers pest control in Prince Frederick, MD, as well as La Plata, Upper Marlboro, and Waldorf. Give us a call today at (855) 754-6760 at the first sign of termites. We will inspect your property and come up with a custom protective termite strategy to get rid of the termites in your home and prevent them from returning.
Buying or selling a new home is a stressful process. There are what seems like hundreds of things you have to take care of before the closing process can begin. Before you sell your home or once you have put down a deposit on a property, doing a termite inspection is vital.
When you have a termite inspection performed, a specialist will come out to your property to do a full inspection that comes with a detailed report. These reports include information on any current infestations, as well as highlight past issues and information about areas of concern, such as cracks in the foundation or areas with moisture deposits.
If any termites are found, it is not the end of the process. This info is then used in negotiations between a buyer and a seller. As a buyer, you can request that the seller remove the termites before closing. If you are selling the home and have had an inspection performed ahead of time, you can get rid of the termites before putting your home on the market.
When you need assistance with termites, you can trust the team at Barefoot Pest Control. Our business offers pest control in La Plata, MD, as well as many other cities throughout the great state of Maryland.
Dealing with termites in the home is no one’s idea of a good time, so we have put together a few simple tips to help you fight termites this year:
- Keep Up with Yard Work – Believe it or not, staying on top of your yardwork will stop termites from entering your home. Make sure that plants are not touching your home, as they can provide a route for termites.
- Seal Cracks and Holes – We have said it before, but it always worth repeating – seal up any cracks and holes you have in your home exterior. When termites land in your yard, they will take advantage of these openings and start destroying your property.
- Keep Everything Clean – Wiping up counters, vacuuming your carpets, and cleaning out old storage areas is a great way to get rid of termites. These insects thrive in dirty areas. Additionally, it will be easier to see them if you clean regularly.
Take care of a termite infestation or other issues with help from our pest control company in Maryland. Barefoot Pest Control provides services in cities throughout the state, including Waldorf, Prince Frederick, and La Plata. We are ready to come to your home or business for a termite inspection.
Taking care of your home is essential and knowing where pests like to hide is vital knowledge. Here is a list of the areas ants tend to congregate:
Kitchen – Ants are most commonly found in the kitchen, as this part of the house gives them access to food and water at all times. When you take a relaxed attitude towards spills and crumbs, you are inviting ants to come into the area and feed themselves. By keeping your kitchen clean and putting food away correctly, you can fight ant infestations.
Bathroom – The bathroom is the next common place to find ants in your home. Ants are attracted to areas with excess moisture, so you should keep an eye on issues like leaks and drips. Additionally, you should always keep your bathroom clean with disinfectants and keep your personal care products closed to keep ants out of your bathroom.
Inside the Walls – People often forget how small ants get. A tiny crack in your wall can lead to an infestation. You should take the time to seal any cracks in the wall all year long, as well as check your basement foundation to keep these unwanted guests out of the home.
Stop an ant infestation when you call the team at Barefoot Pest Control. We offer pest control in La Plata, MD, as well as many other areas throughout Maryland.
It goes without saying that rats are terrible pests in the home that need to be eliminated immediately. The team at Barefoot Pest Control has put together a list of reasons why rats are bad for you and your property:
Disease – Did you know that rats carry a minimum of 60 communicable diseases? A colony of rats is sure to give you or some of your family members diseases that can cause issues like vomiting, fever, and joint pain. Some of these diseases can even be fatal if they are not appropriately treated.
Reproduction – A typical female rat can mate with up to 500 partners when in heat, which occurs approximately 15 times a year. If you do the math, then you know that is a large number of baby rats. A single female can make up to 2,000 offspring in a year. All it takes is one rat couple to build a colony.
Destruction – Wiring, cinderblocks, lead pipes, and more – rats are happy to chew on anything they can to keep their teeth from outgrowing their mouth. Nothing is safe and they can be responsible for destroying your entire property.
You can count on our team when you need help with rat infestations in Maryland. We perform pest control in Prince Frederick, MD, as well as Waldorf, La Plata, and Upper Marlboro.
2018 is here and it is time to make resolutions! If improving your property is one of your resolutions, here are some great ways to improve your pest situation:
- Keep up with Yard Maintenance – From trimming trees to making sure that you mow regularly, keeping up with yard maintenance is very important. This year, take the extra time to keep your lawn in great shape. It will keep pests away from your home and your yard will look fabulous!
- Seek Out Cracks and Seal Them – It does not matter if they are large or small, cracks in your home exterior are an open invitation to pests. Ants and roaches will gladly stroll right in, while rats and mice will manage to squeeze themselves into surprisingly small spots.
- Get Rid of Clutter – Start 2018 fresh with a deep cleaning. When you get rid of clutter in your home, you get rid of filth you did not know existed. You also eliminate hiding spaces for pests. Furthermore, you will have more room to live and breathe in your home.
If you have been avoiding hiring pest control specialists, 2018 is the time to act! Barefoot Pest Control provides services throughout Maryland. You can come to us for pest control in Upper Marlboro, MD, as well as many other towns.
Most wasps tend to die off when winter comes around, but that does not mean that wasps have left altogether. Paper Wasps tend to start building colonies during the winter time. They tend to make their way into your home, often hiding in attics or warmer spaces within the wall. You do not want to let them stay all season long, so have put together some tips to take care of these stinging insects.
The most important thing you can do now is start inspecting your home for any spots where a wasp – or any other insect – may be able to get into your home. Regular home inspections are vital. Once you find a crack or hole, consider using silicone-based caulk or steel wool to fill the gaps. Furthermore, you should take a look at your porch, attic rafters, and door frames to see if any wasps are there. If you notice any, you can simply pick up the phone and we will be able to assist you.
Have you noticed wasps in your home? Barefoot Pest Control offers services throughout Maryland, including pest control in Prince Frederick, MD. Contact us today to learn more about our vast array of pest control services.
Ant infestations are annoying and troublesome. When you start noticing ants creeping into your home, you should consider the following:
- Stop Feeding Them – One of the reasons ants may be coming into your home is that you are feeding them. It is essential that you keep your kitchen tidy at all times, cleaning the counters and floors. Additionally, you should move any pet food dishes on the floor away from the ants.
- Remove Water Sources – Ants tend to be attracted to water sources in your home. This means areas that get moist, such as leaky pipes, damp basements, and humid attics, manage to attract ants. By repairing leaks and using dehumidifiers, you will be able to keep them away from your home.
- Block Access Points – You should take a look around your house to see where ants may be coming in. If you have any doors without weather stripping, as well as cracks and crevices that could lead to your basement or kitchen, you want to make sure that they are sealed as soon as possible.
When the ants are too much to handle, you can trust the Maryland pest control experts at Barefoot Pest Control. Whether you are seeking pest control in Upper Marlboro, MD, or need assistance in Waldorf, our team is ready to assist you.
Are you noticing ants around your home? These pests are always problematic, but some ants can cause more damage than others. This fall, you should be watching out for carpenter ants. These pests are known for causing damage to wood in the home. The damage can get so bad that people often mistake them for termites.
Carpenter ants can typically be identified by their color. Most of these ants feature black, red, brown, yellow, and orange colors. They are mistaken for termites because they tend to eat away at decayed wood, but these pests do not eat the wood. Instead, they use it at their nesting areas to help improve the temperature and humidity.
Other ways to identify particular species of carpenter ants is to look for wings. Although they may look a lot like termites, you can tell the difference by looking for the pinched waist and elbowed antennas. If you see one in your home, it is likely they have set up shop somewhere around your property.
Don’t let carpenter ants take over your home or business. Call Barefoot Pest Control when you are seeking pest control in Upper Marlboro, MD, as well as other cities throughout Maryland. Our team is ready to get rid of these pests in your home.
Do you think you may have a rodent or many rodents in your home? We have put together a list of signs rodents may be living in your house:
- Rodent Droppings – You may not see much of them, but you will not be able to miss rodent droppings around your home. Droppings are most often found in kitchen cabinets, pantries, and other places where food is stored. You may also see small gnaw marks on your food packaging.
- Noises in the Walls – Turn everything off in your home and pay attention to the little sounds going on in your home. If you are hearing scurrying noises in your wall, you may have a rodent or a family of rodents in your home.
- Nests in Secluded Areas – If you want to check for rodents in your home, start looking for nests in secluded areas in your home. You can search your ceiling, dark spots in the basement, or any other area that is dark and out of the way. Typical rodent nests consist of shredded paper and fabrics.
When you discover any sign of a pest in your home, you should contact the team at Barefoot Pest Control. We can assist you with pest control in Prince Frederick, MD, as well as Waldorf, La Plata, and Upper Marlboro.