Is your business vulnerable to pests? Many non-food retail stores—from clothing to books to appliances—are havens for a variety of pests. Ants, beetles, flies, and even rodents are capable of finding the entry points they need to provide them with the food, water, and shelter they seek. If a business doesn’t regularly empty its trash or thoroughly clean the employee break room, it risks being invaded by pests searching for opportunities to nest. Onsite pests create a dirty and unwelcoming appearance, may be harmful to a shopper’s health, and could possible mar the pristine inventory.
Insects that carry germs and dirt are attracted to any place there are people. Whether the store is a standalone or located in a massive mall, the smallest crumb or gum wrapper is on a pest’s radar. With doors constantly opening and closing many hours a day, seven days a week, it is easy for the unpleasant critters to make their way into any retail environment. Follow these basic suggestions to help eliminate the threat of a pest invasion:
- Keep your retail store fresh and clean.
- Make sure the floors are free of dirt and thoroughly swept, mopped, or vacuumed daily.
- Use disinfectants in the food areas and bathrooms and empty the trash on a daily basis. I
- Choose a professional pest control company to keep pests away and eliminate them at the source.
One of the leading companies for pest control in Prince Frederick, MD, specializes in permanently eradicating pests from retail outlets both large and small. The technicians at Barefoot Pest Control are experienced and knowledgeable about how pests find their way into stores. You won’t be risking your good name with regularly scheduled pest-control pros. Maintain your reputation with your repeat customers and be sure to build a relationship with new shoppers.
People don’t often think about it, but offices also have many problems with pests. Here is a handful of ways you can stop pests from invading your office this summer:
- Food and Crumbs – People love to snack at their desks in offices and it is important to make sure that people are cleaning up after themselves. If you are having a problem with pests, you should give your employees a nice dining area and plenty of break time to encourage them to eat in one central location. People are more likely to clean up after themselves in one of these spaces.
- Empty the Trash – You should be working hard to make sure the trash is emptied every day. You can make the request of your cleaning company or make sure there is someone in the office who’s responsibilities include making sure all of the garbage cans are emptied every day.
- Check for Standing Water – If a mosquito gets into your office and there is standing water from leaky pipes, you are creating a breeding ground for mosquitos. Make sure you have to standing water at any time and call the plumber when there is a problem.
Do you need pest control services in your office? The team at Barefoot Pest Control is here to help. Our team provides pest control in La Plata, MD, as well as many other cities throughout Maryland.
Imagine you are preparing for an outdoor family gathering and you just spotted the biggest wasp’s nest you have ever seen. What would you do? Don’t worry about canceling the party because we specialize in emergency pest removal. Stinging insects like wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets should be taken very seriously and removed by professionals.
Be aware of these stinging insects:
- Yellow Jackets- These insects often follow their stomachs, so your yard could become their new home if there are flowers nearby. They feed on pollinating flowers and other insects. They typically nest in the ground or underneath porches.
- Hornets- Their nests are usually the size of a basketball, so it is not hard to spot. They often use wood scrapings to build their home. Hornets are very defensive of their home and will act aggressively towards any perceived threat.
- Wasps- Many people have an allergic reaction when stung by a wasp which makes eradicating their home even more dangerous. A typical nest usually contains less than 30 wasps, but they are known to build bigger ones.
You can count on Barefoot Pest Control for emergency pest removal. Discover our other pest removal services by visiting our website at waldorftermiteandpest.com right now.
Pests can hide in a variety of areas in your home. Take a look in the following spots if you suspect that you have a pest problem:
- Pantry – When was the last time that you’ve cleaned out your pantry? If it’s been a while and you are having a pest problem, it’s likely that there are issues in there. Things like old cereal, partial bags of rice, and flour that tend to sit in the pantry for a long time are havens for beetles and moths. Get rid of any old food in your pantry and invest in airtight containers to stop problems in the future.
- Under the Stove or Oven – Have you ever cleaned under the stove or the oven? If you’re like most homeowners, then it’s not an area you think about too often. These spots usually trap a lot of food crumbs, which attract pests. Next time you are cleaning the kitchen, you should move the refrigerator and take out the bottom drawer of your oven to clean these spots.
- Cluttered Areas – Stop spiders and roaches from setting up shop in your home by cleaning up cluttered areas. Spots like areas behind couches, desks that have been stacked with tons of mail and junk, or under beds are perfect for pests. By keeping these spots clean, you give pests no place to hide.
If you are cleaning your home and uncover pests, don’t panic! Call our team to receive pest control in Prince Frederick, MD, as well as other cities throughout our state.
Having a pest problem in your restaurant is a big problem. Here are just a handful of the ways you can avoid pest problems:
- Store Food Properly – Pests are going to try hard to get into your food, so it’s important you store your food properly. Before the food even enters your storage area, you should inspect it to make sure no pests are coming in with it. Furthermore, it’s vital that you use airtight storage containers made of plastic that are stored at the right temperature and off the floor.
- Keep Everything Clean – Having crumbs, spills, and food waste out in the open attracts pests. Whenever you have a mess in your kitchen, you should be cleaning it up as soon as possible. Furthermore, everything should be thrown away in a trash can with a tight cover that is emptied and cleaned as often as possible.
- Don’t Invite Pests Indoors – Leaving doors open too long, having hole in your walls, and not investing in door seals are just a few of the ways that pests will enter your kitchen area. If you have a pest problem, you should inspect your kitchen area for any opening that these troublesome creatures can get into.
Whether you have pests or just want to take care of small problems before it becomes an issue, the Maryland exterminators at Barefoot Pest Control are here to help you. Call us today to make an appointment.
Finding wasps around your home is not necessarily a bad thing. They help pollinate flowers and make sure that your home isn’t overrun with insect pests. That said, if you have too many wasps on your property, you may have a wasp problem. Whether you are allergic to these insects or have children who like to play in the yard, you should take care of wasps as soon as possible.
Discovering the root of your wasp issue starts with finding the nest. There are many different nests for different wasps. For example, yellow jackets build nests that have a paper-like covering that can be found in walls and in the ground. On the other hand, paper wasps build open nests that look like a bit like a honeycomb. A typical nest will contain approximately 30 wasps, but social wasps may have multiple nests. If you spot one of these nests, you should not try to handle the problem on your own. Wasps are known to defend their nests when they feel threatened and the stings are very painful.
You can contact our trained professionals at Barefoot Pest Control when you are seeking assistance with your wasp problems. Our talented team offers pest control in Prince Frederick, MD, as well as a wide array of additional cities throughout the state.
As a homeowner, you will eventually have to deal with termite issues. We know that it’s frustrating, so making sure that you take every step necessary to prevent termites from getting into your home is vital. Whether they enter through the floor or the attic, these creatures can wreak havoc on your property.
Termites migrate from structure to structure, searching hard to find food to feed themselves. During the year, these insects will form a swarm to make new colonies. They grow wings and – most often during the late summer – half of the swarm will fly off to find a new food source. Once they have found an area that they like, they will lose their wings and start a new colony. This could be your home or business. The places they land is entirely random and they will often attack weak points in the structure.
The best way you can put a stop to termite-related problems is to have a trustworthy team providing yearly termite inspection services. The dedicated team of Maryland exterminators at Barefoot Pest Control is here to assist you. We offer exceptional inspection and treatment services for your home. Call us today at (855) 754-6760 to talk with a member of our team.
Even as winter starts to wind down, you can be sure that mice are still looking for any way into a warm home with plenty of food. Whether you are hearing scratching sounds in your walls or think you have seen something out of the corner of your eye, it’s important to put a stop to mice before it becomes a problem. Here are just some of the ways you can tell if you have a mouse in the house:
- Chewed Cords – Take a look at the cable, electrical, and phone cords throughout your home. If you notice bite marks or unusual breaks in the cords, then it’s likely you have a mouse in the house.
- Rodent Droppings – If you have never seen rodent droppings before, you’ll generally notice that they are about a quarter-inch long and generally black in color. You can also use a black light to detect urine.
- Small Holes in Food Packaging – Have you discovered small holes in the packaging of food in your pantry? Then it’s very likely that you have a mouse or multiple mice enjoying your dry goods.
If any of these problems seem to be occurring in your home, it’s time to call the team at Barefoot Pest Control. We offer pest control in Waldorf, MD, as well as a variety of other cities throughout the state of Maryland. Contact us today to request assistance with mice problems.
Discovering pests in your home is frustrating and unsettling. Getting rid of pests on your own can be even more frustrating and unsettling. Instead of going through the whole rigmarole of purchasing pest control products from the store, you can just call the professionals at Barefoot Pest Control. The dedicated team at our pest control company in Maryland is ready to help you with termites, rodents, and other pests that may be giving you trouble.
The most important aspect of our services is that we provide custom extermination and pest exclusion plans that are made for your home. Our team will take a look at your house, see the problems, and tailor a plan that is made to get rid of your specific pests. Not only do we work inside of your property, our team also offers outdoor pest control services. Using state-of-the-art products and equipment, our team can inspect the outside of your home to see what kind of problems you have and take care of them in a fast and efficient manner. Whether you are having a problem with ants or need assistance with stinging and biting insects, we are ready to assist you.
Our business may be based out of Waldorf, but we serve areas all over the community, including La Plate, Clinton, Upper Marlboro, and Annapolis. Give us a call today at (855) 754-6760 to request residential services today!
Managing pests that are invading your home can be a pain. After multiple incidents, stings, bites, or other issues, you may finally be willing to throw in the towel and contact an exterminator for more assistance. Fortunately, residential pest control in Maryland is right around the corner, thanks to the professionals at Barefoot Pest Control who have the experience and knowledge to take care of all of the pesky creatures trying to destroy your home’s environment.
With the help of Barefoot Pest Control, you’ll be able to live in peace once again, without having to worry about being under attack by bugs or rodents. Although our headquarters is based in Maryland, we cover the greater Maryland area, as well as Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. Our team of professionals is not only experienced exterminators, but the company extends their services to include rodent control. These services are available at any time, day or night, to all of the customers in the covered areas.
We understand that most situations are unique to each customer. Every home will have a different issue, from termites to mice, so with a proper diagnosis, the exterminator can decide which removal plan will best suit your home’s needs.
Don’t forget that Barefoot Pest Control also offers emergency pest control in your time of need. If you feel that you or your family is unsafe due to a surprise infestation, be sure to contact us immediately.
You shouldn’t have to deal with a rodent or pest problem on your own. Barefoot Pest Control has the knowledge to handle the problem appropriately and safely so that you and your family can continue living peacefully. Contact us today!